Monday, December 11, 2017

House Mouse Gingerbread - Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #242


Today's design team card for Atlantic Hearts features an image from one of my favorite lines -the House Mouse line. I have loved their images since the first time I saw them on a stamp store shelf in the late 1990's! 


This card ended up being a 5 x 7 to accommodate the sketch and the size of the focal image. The stripes behind the image are simply scraps of cardstock that I had laying on my desk left over from other projects and the large green layer was dry embossed and sanded. But, I used something unique on this card...can you guess what the shiny red layer is behind the focal image?


Would you believe it is a piece cut from a red foil bubble wrap envelope that delivered goodies to me in the mail last week? And because of the bubble wrap backing, it adds some depth to the card too! 


I had a blast coloring the image using the new colored pencils that my mom gave me for my birthday...they are an awesome set from Chameleon that are double ended for perfect blends and they are perfectly portable too.


That's it for me today -until next time~


1 comment:

  1. Kathy this card is perfect for the sketch! You added a lot of details with your beautiful coloring, I really like the green embossed & distressed background. Hope you have someone special to send this pretty card to, I know it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete