Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Experimenting with Digital Stamps -Rockin' Elf


 This month, I'm stepping outside the walls of my usual crafting realm to try something new to me -Digital Stamps! These are just the cutest images and I have learned so much about the advantages of digital stamping in the last 2 weeks...I will never be a completely digital girl, but I see a lot of fun hybrid paper crafting in my near future ~ So stay tuned for upcoming digital creations and some exciting news that will be coming around the new year!


This cute little "Rockin' Elf" comes from the Craftin' Desert Diva's digi shop and was only $.99 to download. It is very easy to manipulate the size of your images in Word (You Tube has lots of good tutorials on this, if you want to learn how to do it -that's how I learned too, lol) and then print them out on good cardstock just like you would use if you were stamping. I use Neenah Classic Crest Cover Super Smooth Solar White 80lb for printing like this and it works perfectly!


Card base is heavy duty white 110lb Recollections card stock from Michael's and is cut in an A2 side folding vertical orientation. The traditional stamping of the sentiments was done with Stampin' Up's Real Red ink. The 1" squares were punched using a square punch from Creative Memories and a 6" x 6" Christmas paper pad from ACMoore. I popped the Elf up using foam tape after I colored him using alcohol markers and fussy cut him out.


This card will be entered in the Monthly Mood Board Challenge on Face Book in the Craftin' Desert Diva's Gallery Group, @ Deep Ocean Challenge for "Santa is Coming to Town" and @ Fab Friday for their color challenge #126.

That's it for me today and I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of what you can do with digital stamps. For starters, I love that they won't take up shelf space in my already "bursting at the seams" craft room and that you can choose what size they will be etc...for example, I could've made this little guy much smaller if I had wanted to use him in my planner instead. Until next time~happy crafting!


3 comments:

  1. I really like the tic-tac-toe/bingo grid behind your little elf! It's a great way to use a collection of coordinated papers but in small amounts, especially if you love the colors and prints and want to hoard it!!! :) Your card is charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you -it is a perfect technique for using just a little of pretty papers, but still getting a big impact.

      Delete
  2. Super cute hybrid project - I love to see this! Pretty papers in your grid, and beautiful coloring on your elf! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete