Monday, October 2, 2017

Die Cutting a Joyful Wreath for the Holidays


Today's DT card was made for Atlantic Hearts Sketch #232 and will be the last post I make for this week before we head out on vacation. I will have two design team projects pre-scheduled to share with you early next week and then I'll catch up with ya all again when I get back to the blog full time around October 15th!



There is actually very little stamping on this one! Instead I used a holly stencil from Hot off the Press and the wreath die cut that was the free gift in the November issue of PaperCraft Inspirations magazine. The card base is simply a side folding white A2 card.


 I stenciled twice -once in Brilliance Gold pigment ink along the edges of the card front and once in a sage green dye ink on a white layer cut according to the card sketch.


Using my Amaze machine, I cut 2 wreaths from different shades of green cardstock to layer and the red bow is a die from Spellbinders. 


The sentiments are in my stash of unmounted red rubber stamps and I sadly don't recall their source...but I did heat emboss them with gold powder on the front and inside the card.


It doesn't show up in the pics, but the gold layer is a lovely piece of pearlescent gold vellum! The antique gold trim I got in a value pack from Michael's and I added a rhinestone in the center of the wreath ribbon for a bit of bling.


The free gift wreath die also included a tiny stamp set that the pinecone image came from and in the center of the wreath it also diecuts that pinecone shape. To add some shimmer to the scrap of green I added to the inside, I used the gold ink that was left over on my sponge from the front stenciling.


That's it for me for a while, as I am heading to a more tropical location to relax and unplug for awhile. Be sure to head over to Atlantic Hearts on Wednesday so that you can see the rest of the fabulous design team's creations and please consider giving our sketches a try...then be sure to link up to join us in the fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment