Monday, January 8, 2018

How To Make a Winter Wonderland Card Using the Best Glue Ever


Today, this card I made for the ScraPerfect design team is super simple but -WOW - what an impact that foil makes!!! I'm in love with working with Transfer Foil and the Best Glue Ever...you've gotta try it. I promise that you won't be disappointed!

I'll be entering it @ Cards in Envy for "Winter Chills" and @ Always Fun Challenges for "One Layer".


This HOTP/TCW stencil also had Santa with his sleigh on it, but I only wanted to use the snowy swirly part, so I taped off the sections I didn't want to use with some washi tape before laying it over top of my A2 sized white card front. I then lightly sponged on the Best Glue Ever, making sure not to move the stencil.


After carefully lifting the stencil and setting the card aside to dry, I immediately covered the gluey stencil with the Best Cleaner Ever, let it sit for awhile and then scrubbed it gently with a baby wipe and a paper towel.


After the glue turned from white to clear, I knew it was ready to apply the foil. I made sure to thoroughly rub over the entire design firmly with my fingers so that the glue was covered completely with the foil. Removing the foil is the best part -it's like a magic trick, lol.


I used the Chilly Time digital stamp set from Craftin' Desert Divas again to print out the skating penguins and colored them with pencils before fussy cutting them out and popping them up in the bottom left corner of my card using mini foam dots.


I then added the finishing touch of several sequins to my card using the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap and the Embellie Gellie tool...they make the perfect combo for handling and applying the smallest of lovelies!


On the inside, I added a digi sentiment that I die cut using 2 circle layering die sets from Itsy Bitsy.


I just love the shimmery blues and greens in this foil -makes for a very stunning CAS card!


That's it for me today -until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect!



4 comments:

  1. What cute penguins these are and I love that swirl die! Such a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! That foil is really amazing and your little penguins are just darling. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and adorable! I love the foil technique! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges for challenge #40 "One Layer"!
    ~DT Katie
    2craftykaties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the foil and the adorable penguins! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete