Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Let it Snow!


Today's card was a fun one to make and used minimal stamping, but lots of diecutting! I used the Tic Tac Toe Challenge grid for my inspiration (Using diagonal: Sequins -Die Cuts - Vellum) and I will also be entering it @ One Crazy Stamper for "Christmas/Winter", @ Happy Little Stamper for "Anything Goes with Dies", @ Pile It On for "Non-Traditional Holiday Colors" and @ International Art & Soul for "Make it Sparkle".


The dies I used are a set of three that were the free gift from one of my favorite UK crafting magazines. I just extended the cuts for each piece so that it would span the width of the A2 sized card front. Both the blue and the white layers have glitter in the cardstock so it is very pretty! I added a bit of soft yellow paper behind the open door and windows to mimic indoor lighting. Using foam tape to bump out the layers adds depth and dimension to the card front.


The inside is clean and simple using a Paper Pumpkin kit sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up in gray ink with some light snowflakes in the background.


The sentiment stamp on the front is also from Stampin' Up and is heat embossed on the swiss polka dotted patterned vellum using silver embossing powder. Sequins sparkle as softly falling snow and the silver sparkled bow adds the finishing touch.



Until next time~


5 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is such a pretty card! I love the die cuts and the turquoise! The silhouette of the children playing in the snow is delightful! SO happy you joined us at The Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love the scene cards and the glitter, great job! Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
    Leanne DT/OCS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never considered doing scene cards but these are something special. Thank you for supporting International Art and Soul, I love seeing your creativity and imagination at work. We hope to see your inspiring talent again in the near future. Love ‘n’ hugs Sall, International Art and Soul DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love scene cards and this is great without any stamping. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul for the Sparkle challenge. Good luck. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete