Saturday, October 28, 2017

How to Make a Tiny Shabby Chic Box Using ScraPerfect


The first step in today's 3D box project was to die cut two halves of the box design using a Spellbinder's box die from cream confetti cardstock. Then I sent it through my Amaze machine using the brick pattern side of this M-Bossabilities folder...because these folders are double sided and therefore thicker than a standard embossing folder, it took a bit of finagling to get just the right sandwich in my machine, but I made notes after I got it right so that it will be a breeze the next time around.


The next step was to highlight the texture using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to showcase the raised pattern. This was so easy to do and I love the way it turned out!


Putting the box together went super smoothly with the help of the Best Glue Ever (using the No Clog Writing Cap) because I added it to the flaps and let it dry a bit so that it wouldn't ooze out past the seams and so that it would get super tacky and grip the textured surfaces without a problem. (thought I had taken a pic of this step, but apparently I did not -sorry!)

But did you know that the No Clog Writing Cap works for more than just the Best Glue Ever? The cap comes in several sizes that fit different sized bottles and the small one fits the Stickles bottle perfectly! Now I love using my glitter glue again!!! And having control over where it ends up is priceless, lol. So I used it to enhance the center of this flower from the Poppy Paper Medley set from Itsy Bitsy.


Once assembled, I also tied the handles with a little jute string to secure it and adding the butterfly to the knot on the bow using the Best Glue Ever, once again, was no problem. This glue is truly a joy to work with!


To give you an idea of the truly tiny size of this box, I took a picture holding it for a size comparison to my hand...it is just the right size to hold a small treat -like a mini chocolate bar or 2 chocolate kisses etc.


I also used the Distress ink to add a shabby look to the blue flower and better tie it in to the colors  used on the box.


The last thing I did was spread a tiny bit of the Stickles along the rolled paper body of the butterfly with my finger tip so that she could sparkle too.


 That pretty much wraps things up here for me today...until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



No comments:

Post a Comment