Monday, October 16, 2017

A Squirrelly Thanksgiving


Today's card was made as my design team contribution for this week's sketch challenge from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Blog using stamps from Close To My Heart (front) and TAC (inside).


Pretty sure the patterned paper also came from CTMH from a few years back, but I am not 100% sure on that! Card base is a top folding vertical layout on a cream flecked cardstock.


Utilizing the Stamp Perfect positioner tool made the stamping go so much faster because I was able to stamp more than one item at a time and perfectly position everything just the way I wanted it using black Memento ink.


Using a small selection of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I colored the images and accented them with gel pens and a white colored pencil to capture some of the details. I then sponged dark brown ink around the edges for a nice, soft look.


Using the sketch as my guide, I adhered the layers with my ATG gun and finished off with the gold ribbon and some autumn colored sequins.


The last step was tucking the cream skeleton leave up under the layers and securing it with a mini glue dot at it's base so that you can't see it.


The inside was kept sweet and simple using a paper scrap and a sentiment stamp.


That's it for me today and now that we are back from vacation and getting back into the groove of things, I will be heading back down to my stamp room...right after I tackle that mountain of dirty laundry that we brought back with us, lol. Until next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment