Friday, September 8, 2017

How to Make a Quick and Easy Foiled Fall Birthday Card

Today's card was made with the sketch @ Sunday Stamps using some products from ScraPerfect and will also be entered @ Unicorn Challenge for "Birthday",  @ Simon Says Stamp for "Stamp It", @ Pause, Dream, Enjoy for "Autumn" and @ Little Red Wagon for "Give Us Your Background".



The ATC stamp set I used for this card was from Fun Stamper's Journey and perfectly compliments the paisley embossing folder! I also used 3 colors of distress inks -which aren't the best inks to usually stamp with because they don't offer full and complete coverage, but since I was going for a batik type look here, I felt it would work anyway.


First step was to emboss the actual card front -not just a layer like I usually do...so I sent the whole A2 rustic cream card through my machine with just the front tucked inside. Using a fall palette, I then  blended 3 distress ink colors from top to bottom over the raised images to make my own background paper.


I used those same 3 inks to stamp my focal piece, stamped the sentiment in black ink and distressed the edges using the distress tool.


I used my Creative Memories circle tool to trim the half circle from a gold matte metallic paper, dotted the border with ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever + the No Clog Writing Cap and then walked away for an hour to let it dry until it was clear and tacky. Next, I used the gold star Transfer Foil to add accents to my glued dots...all you have to do is lay it over the glue with the pretty side facing up and burnish it with your finger until the foil releases.


Pretty and Simple...gotta love it!


After assembling my layers using the BGE according to the sketch, I then wrapped some cream and gold floss along the left hand side and tied a bow.


Using the embossed design on the actual card front means that we get to enjoy the back side of the design on the inside -bonus! Using all the same inks, I did some simple stamping inside too. The sentiment here is from A*Muse Studio. This card is now ready to go out to another of my brother-in-laws during the month of October.


 Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Don't forget to check out our Design Team Call. :)
    Janis, Pause Dream Enjoy Chs Owner/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is so pretty! I love the paisley background and the lovely embossing! I am certain your BIL will cherish it! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun paisley card, and I love the earthy sponged background. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and elegant!! Beautiful!
    Do not forget - tomorrow starts a new challenge in Ike -
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/
    New theme, new card, new luck!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your foiling technique and your embossed background is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this, the embossing looks fab and love your distressing.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete