Friday, July 28, 2017

How to Make an Easy Embossed Butterfly Watercolor Splash Card

Hello ~ Kathy here from Create.365 to share an easy card with you that I made using 2 of my favorite ScraPerfect products! This will be one of the cards the gals at my local library will get to make in the month of September at our cardmaking class, but I will also be entering it @ Shopping Our Stash for "Butterflies, Bees & Bugs", @ Pause Dream Enjoy for "Summer Bugs" and @ Happy Little Stampers for both the Watercolor and CAS July challenges.





Making the watercolor background on this one layer white A2 size card is as easy as scribbling with 3 colors of Metallic Gel Sticks and then wetting it with a flat, wide water color brush! I used the purple, blue and green sticks today.


While the background was drying, I prepped a scrap of white cardstock with the Perfect Crafting Pouch to remove static and stamped the butterfly from Fun Stampers Journey in Versamark ink on it. I then heat embossed it using black powder. I really won't do this anymore without the Crafting Pouch because tiny bits of stray black embossing powder can ruin a card front in the blink of an eye, lol! Once the powder was cool, I brushed the Perfect Cleaning Cloth over the image to remove any residue and then fussy cut it out with small detail scissors.


 Once I added the butterfly to the card front with foam pop dots, I brushed clear Wink of Stella over some of the butterfly details to add shimmer that matches the shimmer in the metallic gel stick watercolors.


After stamping the sentiment in black ink at the bottom center of the card, I rounded all four corners with a corner punch.


Keeping it Clean and Simple (CAS), I only stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment (retired from TAC) on the inside in more black ink.


That's it for me today...until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~




13 comments:

  1. thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those watercolour splashes-great background. Thanks for joining us at HLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and a fab background for your butterfly!
    Thanks for getting buggy with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of Gel sticks. I love they are metallics. The perfectly CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card-- I love the soft colors you chose! Thank you for sharing at SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful creation! I've got to start playing around with watercolor more. It's so pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete