Saturday, April 29, 2017

Paper Piecing Birthday Balloon How To

Today's card was inspired by me finding this Balloon stamp set on clearance @ ACMoore about a month ago...can you believe it was marked down to only $1.49??? Sooo, I just had to buy it...lol! I will be entering it in the "Anything Goes Masculine challenge" @ Watercooler Wednesday and the "Anything Goes Birthday challenge" @ Seize the Birthday.
















My first step was to stamp the large and small balloon images in black ink on scraps of white cardstock. Next I trimmed a piece of cloudy sky patterned paper to fit the front of my A2 top folding card, stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in black in the bottom left corner. Then I stamped the large balloon again on several different scraps of patterned paper for my paper piecing elements. Using my stamp positioner made this job simple and fast.  I then trimmed out the separate balloon sections and set them aside.


The "thinking of you" was then embossed in black inside the banner. Coloring of both balloon pieces was done with various Spectrum Noir markers. On the smaller (stand-alone) balloon I also went back in and used the clear blender marker to add tiny dots for subtle texture and to break up the bold colors a bit before fussy cutting it out, spraying it with glimmer mist and gluing on the 3 orange sequins.


The trimmed pieces of patterned paper were glued onto the main image like putting together a puzzle and once it was completely dry, I outlined the clouds with Crystal Lacquer and added clear Prismaglitter to it.


I trimmed the large balloon piece and adhered it to my card front with my ATG gun and used foam pop dots to adhere the smaller balloon for more dimension.


The inside I kept clean and simple, trimming and adhering a thin piece of the cloud paper to the left and double stamping the large (retired-TAC) "Happy Birthday" stamp in black using my stamp positioner, again, to get the color crisp and bold. This card is now all ready to go out in the mail for my Father-in-Law later in May.


Until next time~

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, what a stunning job of paper piecing! Love the details and all the gorgeous varieties of paper you've added to this masterpiece. What a journey, creating this card. You can tell it was a labour of love. Thanks so much for sharing your talents for Kath's Masculine anything goes challenge this week at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Your card is Beautiful ans so inspirational. You have made the balloon piecing look like stained glass. Thank you for joining us on Watercooler Wednesday this week and sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Kathy! Your paper piecing looks so nice. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper Piecing is such a fun technique - and perfect for the balloon image you used. A fun card! Thanks for playing along at the Watercooler this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your intricately paper pieced card. What a labour of love. I'm amazed that you got the stamp set for such a small price, it's totally gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your great card and steps to creating it at the Watercooler Wednesday WWC117 Masculine Card challenge this week. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I figured for that price I could put it to good use somehow and not feel guilty about buying more stamps, lol!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find this stamp set was, and you sure did make it shine, Kathy! You did such a superb job of paper piecing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just can't resist a good bargain like that, lol!

      Delete